Welcome to the Sustainable Groundwater REU
San Francisco State University (SFSU) and the California State University (CSU) system offers a 9-week REU across California. Students collaborate with research mentors at host CSU campuses to develop projects that address groundwater and surface water sustainability.
- Individual research projects.
- $5,400 stipend.
- Weekly career development workshop.
- May include travel and housing support.
- Click here to learn more.
- The 2021 REU Site: Sustainable Groundwater Resources application is now available and due March 1, 2021.
- Click here for more information about applications.
- Students are paired with a Research Mentor from one of over 10 CSU campuses.
- Click here to learn more about the Research Mentors and projects.
- When is the application deadline?
- Who can apply?
- Where will I live?
- Click here for answers to these and other questions on the FAQs page.
Dr. Leora Nanus email: firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: (415) 405-3547
*Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, San Francisco State University and other campuses in the CSU system are under modified campus operations for Spring 2021 and courses are predominantly offered virtually. The safety and welfare of our students, faculty, staff, and surrounding communities are the University’s top priority. Applicants should be aware that this upcoming Summer REU 2021, 9-week program may be a remote virtual format or via a hybrid mode with restricted travel. We will update this site as we receive additional information about the anticipated program format for 2021. Full applications are due March 1, 2021.
Funding for this REU site is provided by the National Science Foundation’s Division of Earth Sciences located in Alexandria, VA. Award Number: 1852564. The NSF contact for this program is Aisha Morris. NSF does not handle REU applications; please contact each REU site directly for application information.