The 2021 REU Site: Sustainable Groundwater Resources application is now available through March 1, 2021.
View the requirements and guidelines below to help you prepare a strong application. There are three key parts and all three parts must be completed for an applicant to be considered. If you have questions, please first consult our Frequently Asked Questions. For questions not covered in the FAQ, email Dr. Nanus: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part 1. Application Form
- Follow this link to complete our 2021 REU application form, which has two parts. The application form asks for (A) Information about the Applicant and (B) Statement of Purpose. Instructions are on the form.
- Please review mentors and projects and consider who you are most interested to work with and why.
- You must be available to participate in the program fully from June 7 through August 6, 2021 (2021 Program is 9 weeks).
- Application deadline is March 1, 2021.
Part 2. Two Recommendations
- Your application requires a recommendation from two people who can assess your academic abilities, academic accomplishments and motivation, work habits, potential as a researcher, and your ability to participate and benefit from our REU summer program.
- Follow this link to complete our 2021 REU Recommendation Form. Applicants should ask their two letter writers to use this form.
- Please ask your recommenders (two total) to email your recommendation forms as a PDF directly to Dr. Nanus: email@example.com
- The letters will remain confidential and will not be shared beyond the selection committee.
- Recommendation letters are due March 1, 2021.
Part 3. Supporting Document
- You will need to submit a college transcript (unofficial or “released to student” version is fine.
- Please email your college transcript along with your application to Dr. Leora Nanus (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the March 1, 2021 deadline.